From OSDev Wiki
(Redirected from How do I set a VGA mode without the BIOS)
- This wiki
- Google Search "VGA registers programming",
- OSD: Graphics From Chris Giese, containing many code snippets.
- Tutorial on VGA graphics including basis of font and line rendering, palette setting, unchained mode, etc.
- FlingOS VGA Driver has a good (low-performance but easy to read, protected-mode) VGA driver supporting text and graphical modes
- Graphics Registers -- control the way the CPU accesses video RAM.
- Sequencer Registers -- control how video data is sent to the DAC.
- Attribute Controller Registers -- selects the 16 color and 64 color palettes used for EGA/CGA compatibility.
- CRT Controller Registers -- control how the video is output to the display.
- Color Registers -- selects the 256 color palette from the maximum possible colors.
- External Registers -- miscellaneous registers used to control video operation.
- The VESA home page: http://www.vesa.org